Pasta night is even better with this comforting and delicious easy cheesy ravioli lasagna, where two Italian favorites are combined.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 jar (32 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (20-25 oz.) ravioli, fresh or frozen (about 30 ravioli)
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fresh basil to garnish, chopped (optional)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the sausage and ground beef. Drain off any rendered fat.
- Add in the marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes, sugar (optional) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer 1/3 of the meat sauce in an even layer into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Add ravioli on top in a single layer.
- Spread 1/2 the ricotta over the ravioli layer.
- Top with another 1/3 of the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the meat sauce.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella layer.
- Add another layer of ravioli over the cheese layer.
- Spread the last of the ricotta in a single layer over ravioli.
- Add the last of the meat sauce over the ricotta layer.
- Top with the remaining cup of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- [Optional] Broil at 450°F for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has browned.
- Garnish with optional parsley or basil and dish and serve hot.
Layering cheat sheet: Meat sauce – ravioli – ricotta – meat sauce- mozzarella – Parmesan – ravioli – ricotta – meat sauce – mozzarella – Parmesan.