Honey butter skillet corn is a creamy and sweet 15-minute side dish made with simple ingredients like corn, butter, cream cheese and honey. Use frozen, canned, or fresh corn to whip up this buttery and delicious recipe as an everyday side or for your holiday table.
Today we’re making honey butter skillet corn which is a lightened-down version of my creamed corn with a touch of sweetness from honey. This simple recipe elevates corn into a buttery and delicious side dish with only 4 ingredients and salt and pepper.
It’s simple enough to make as a side on busy weeknight dinners but tastes great enough for a Thanksgiving or Christmas holiday table. It even pairs wonderfully with grilled meats and other BBQ sides for summer cookouts.
For more great sides, try the popular mashed potato puffs, baked mac and cheese, garlic butter mushrooms, Italian pasta salad, or loaded mashed potato balls.
Ingredients in Honey Butter Skillet Corn
HONEY BUTTER SKILLET CORN RECIPE TIPS
- Corn – I used frozen corn but you can also make the recipe with canned or fresh corn. White or yellow corn or a combination of both will work. When using frozen corn, be sure to thaw it a little before cooking – just enough so it doesn’t clump up and cooks easier.
- Butter – This recipe uses salted butter so if you go for unsalted, add more salt as a seasoning to adjust. I like using Land O Lakes half butter sticks which measure out the tablespoons for you. Simply slice out each tablespoon from the stick and skip washing a measuring spoon!
- Honey – This adds a little sweetness to the corn and pairs perfectly with the creaminess of cream cheese and the richness of butter. Add more or less honey to adjust the sweetness to your tastes, or omit it entirely if you want something more savory. You can also substitute honey with sugar or agave.
- Cream cheese – Cream cheese adds creaminess to the corn. Soften up the cream cheese by bringing it to room temperature before cooking so it melts into the sauce easier.
- Simmering – Simmer until the cream cheese melts smoothly into the sauce. This should only take a couple of minutes and the corn will thicken some more upon standing.
- Freezing – Freeze for up to 2-3 months.
- Leftovers and reheating – Store creamed corn for up to 3-4 days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave in 30-second increments until warmed through or reheat over the stovetop.
- Add a pop of color – Add a splash of color and flavor with fresh parsley, chives, or green onions.
- Add some cheese – Make it richer with a few shakes of grated Parmesan at the end.
- Spice it up – Add some red pepper flakes or jalapenos for some spicy and sweet corn.
What To Serve With Honey Butter Skillet Corn
Honey butter skillet corn is a rich enough side dish to be presented at the holiday table for Thanksgiving or Christmas along with potato dishes like twice-baked potato casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potato puffs, or slow cooker mashed potatoes.
It’s also easy enough to make as an everyday side dish. Try pairing it with main dishes like Salisbury steak, garlic butter steak bites, oven-baked chicken, or honey garlic salmon. You can also pair this with cookout food like slow cooker BBQ pulled chicken, potato salad, German potato salad, bacon ranch pasta salad, or Italian pasta salad.
And that’s about it! Enjoy this delicious side dish. Let me how you liked it, what substitutions you made, or what you paired it with in the comments below!
MORE SIDE DISHES TO TRY
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
- Creamy Cauliflower Au Gratin
- Crispy Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
Did you make this recipe? Rate it!
♡ If you liked this recipe, giving it a star rating ★★★★★ in the comments below really helps! For more recipes, subscribe to my newsletter or follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Honey Butter Skillet Corn
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
Honey butter skillet corn is a creamy and sweet 15-minute side dish made with simple ingredients like corn, butter, cream cheese and honey.
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen corn, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a 10″ skillet over medium heat, saute the corn until soft and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and honey and stir to mix until they melt smoothly into the corn.
- Add cream cheese and season with salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate until the cream cheese has melted into the sauce. Do a taste test and adjust seasonings, if needed.
- Dish and serve hot.
Add a pop of color – Add a splash of color and flavor with fresh parsley, chives, or green onions.
Add some cheese – Make it richer with a few shakes of grated Parmesan at the end.
Spice it up – Add some red pepper flakes or jalapenos for some spicy and sweet corn.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Leave a Comment