This garlic Parmesan roasted broccoli is a delicious side dish with broccoli tossed in olive oil, garlic, Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of lemon juice.
I’m a big fan of all things crispy and this applies especially to vegetables because let’s face it, they can be pretty boring. When it comes to picking a favorite way to eat broccoli, roasted broccoli is probably the best broccoli I’ve tasted. I made this discovery a while back with this air fryer garlic Parmesan broccoli. So today we’re making some garlic Parmesan roasted broccoli with a sheet pan in the oven.
The broccoli is oven-roasted at high heat until tender and nicely browned around the edges. What we’re looking for are delicious crispy tips that are pretty hard to resist. We’re tossing the broccoli in some olive oil, freshly minced garlic, coarse sea salt, some freshly cracked black pepper and roasting them until nice and golden. Then we’re finishing off with a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and a quick drizzle of lemon juice.
Pair it with some oven-baked chicken breasts, this baked Parmesan-crusted chicken or some garlic butter baked chicken for some chicken options on proteins to pair it with. For meat, try out these easy garlic butter steak bites, slow cooker Mississippi pot roast, or a mushroom meatloaf.
For ideas on what sides you can pair with this broccoli, try some creamed corn, a classic potato salad, crispy garlic Parmesan smashed potatoes, or some baked mac and cheese. In the meantime, let’s start making some broccoli.
Before we get started, here are a few important tips to get that perfectly crispy roasted broccoli instead of sad, soggy broccoli:
- Dry the broccoli – Wet broccoli florets will steam instead of crisping up, so if you have to wash your broccoli be sure to dry it well afterward.
- Cut the broccoli florets into uniform bite-sized pieces – A uniform size ensures they cook at about the same time. When it comes to size, the smaller the florets, the crispier they get.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan – Arrange the broccoli in a single layer and try to space them apart so they don’t end up steaming off each other.
GARLIC PARMESAN ROASTED BROCCOLI RECIPE TIPS
Broccoli – 32 oz. of broccoli is about 2 lbs. or 8 cups of broccoli florets. I bought mine bagged and pre-cut from the grocery store so I didn’t have to mess with cutting up a whole head of broccoli.
Mixing – While you can technically mix this all up on a sheet pan, I find it’s easier to mix properly in a mixing bowl.
Garlic – You can substitute fresh garlic with garlic powder instead.
Salt and pepper – I used coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper for this recipe.
- Add more crunch – Toss the broccoli with some Italian or panko breadcrumbs before roasting for a crunchier texture.
- Add some heat – Add some heat with a few dashes of red pepper flakes. This will go really well with the lemon juice!
- Crispy topping – For more crunch and extra flavor, try sprinkling garlic or onion flakes before serving.
And that’s about it. Enjoy your broccoli and pair it with something delicious like this easy oven-baked chicken breast, garlic butter steak bites, creamy garlic Tuscan shrimp, or some creamy garlic butter salmon.
MORE VEGGIES RECIPES TO TRY
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Garlic Stir-Fry Asparagus
- Lemon Pepper Asparagus
- Spicy and Smoky Green Beans