This delicious and perfectly caramelized, healthy 4-ingredient air fryer honey garlic salmon has a sweet and sticky sauce and cooks in less than 10 minutes.
Today we’re making some air fryer honey garlic salmon which cooks in less than 8 minutes and pairs perfectly with air fryer veggies like broccoli, zucchini, green beans, asparagus, or brussels sprouts. And you can add a side of rice or quinoa for a balanced meal or protein, veggies and carbs. It’s easy to make and uses basic pantry staples but does not skimp on the flavor.
I’ve been making this a couple of times a week and we never get sick of it. With how easy it is to mix the sauce together, marinate it for 30 minutes then let it do its thing in the air fryer, my dinners are usually ready in 10 minutes from start to finish. It’s the perfect answer to those quick weeknight dinners for busy (or lazy) people. Let’s get started.
How To Make Air Fryer Honey Garlic Salmon (1 Min Video)
AIR FRYER HONEY GARLIC SALMON RECIPE TIPS
‣ Air fryer – I have two types of air fryers. I use the 10 qt. oven-style air fryer for bigger meals with proteins on one tray and veggies on the other and the egg-shaped smaller capacity air fryer for quick meals. I’ve tested this recipe with both types of air fryers.
‣ Salmon – I used about two 5 ounce fillets for this meal but you can go up to 8 ounces without breaking the recipe. You can tell the salmon is done cooking when it is no longer translucent (red or raw) but opaque (pink). If the salmon flakes easily when pressed down gently with your finger or a fork (aka it separates easily along the white lines that run across the fillet), it is cooked! Alternatively, you can use a meat thermometer. FDA recommends cooking fish to an internal temperature of 145° F.
‣ Sauce – Divide the sauce into two. One part is for the marinating and basting just before cooking and the other is for drizzling over the salmon once it’s cooked.
‣ Honey – If you don’t have regular honey sitting in your pantry, you can substitute it with maple syrup.
‣ Soy sauce – Regular or low sodium soy sauce both work. You can also substitute it with tamari or coconut aminos.
‣ Garlic – I went with garlic powder because it was easier for me. You can also use fresh minced garlic.
‣ Add more flavor – Add more flavor with red pepper flakes, freshly minced or powdered ginger, fresh lime, or lemon juice. Also, try toppings like black sesame seeds or freshly sliced green onions for texture and crunch.
AIR FRYER VEGGIES
So far, I’ve tested about three different veggies in the air fryer. I use this air fryer model so I’m able to fit in a tray of veggies at the same time as my salmon. The salmon takes about 8 minutes at 400°F so I usually add in the tray of veggies at the 5-minute mark and they’re perfectly done by then.
I’ve only tested broccoli, zucchini and brussels sprouts at 400°F/5 minutes but I think green beans and asparagus would take about the same amount of time. Here are a few quick ideas on how to prep your veggies for the air fryer:
‣ Garlic Parmesan Broccoli: Toss them with some olive oil, pepper, seasoning salt and shaker Parmesan cheese.
‣ Zucchini: Add some olive oil, salt and pepper and a dash of sugar. I’ve also tossed it with olive oil and Johnny’s garlic spread.
‣ Brussels sprouts: I like to add some olive oil, garlic powder and garlic salt, then toss them in a bottled balsamic reduction. It’s all bottled and ready to go for a simple drizzle, so there’s no need to fuss over making your own balsamic reduction.
‣ Green beans: Add some olive oil. smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste for some smoky green beans.
‣ Asparagus: Toss it with some olive oil, lemon slices or lemon juice, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
And that’s about it. An easy-peasy super quick meal prepped and cooked in less than 15 minutes. Once you get the hang of prepping your veggies quickly while your salmon starts cooking, it’s even easier.
Enjoy and let me know how you liked it and what you paired it with in the comments below.
MORE SEAFOOD AND HONEY GARLIC RECIPES TO TRYPrint
♡ Affiliate disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn commissions from qualifying purchases from Amazon.com. You can learn more about it here.