Try out this quick and easy 5 ingredient recipe for honey garlic shrimp skillet. Ready for the table in just 20 minutes with a combination flavor of savory and light sweetness! Pair it with some veggies or on a bed of rice or pasta/noodles.
So here we have a super simple recipe for honey garlic shrimp skillet. It’s yummy, it’s healthy and really easy to make. With a flavor combination of savory and sweet and a slightly smoky aftertaste (depending on how much rubbing you did on the burned on bits), it pairs well with most veggies as a side or on a bed of pasta, noodles or rice.
When I say super easy, I mean 5 ingredient easy and less than 15 minutes cooking time easy. Shrimp cooks so quickly, it’s such a great fast fix for any meal of the day.
So let’s begin.
I used jumbo peeled shrimp with tail on for these. They just tend to look better in pics but you can use whatever kind of shrimp you like or can easily get your hands on. Start making your honey garlic sauce which is basically just some honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. I wasn’t lying when I said simple.
Make the sauce and divide it into half. Half for the marinade and half for the drizzle. While the ingredients are simple, the fun is in the execution. I said shrimp cooks quickly so you’ll want to get your pan nice and hot before cooking so they have a gorgeous sear. The honey will caramelize a little and stuff will get stuck to the bottom of the pan. Use some tongs to gently rub the shrimp on the stuck on bits to get it nice and blackened. Here’s where you get the smoky aftertaste.
One minute per side and your shrimp is cooked! I did this in two batches. Then remove the pan from heat and you’re ready to serve these babies drizzled with the leftover sauce.
And that’s it! Happy cooking!
PS: Love noodles? Try pairing this over a bed of hibachi noodles. I tried this once and it was great!
More honey garlic recipes:
- Honey garlic chicken skillet
- Crispy honey garlic chicken
- Honey garlic salmon
- Slow cooker honey garlic chicken
- Honey roasted chicken
- Honey garlic chicken skewers
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail on
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine the sauce ingredients and divide it into half
- Marinate the shrimp with one half of the sauce for 15-30 minutes. Discard marinade
- Over medium high heat in a 10″ skillet, pan sear the shrimp in some oil. Sear them on both sides in two batches until browned, about 1 minute per side
- Using tongs, rub the shrimp into the caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan
- Dish and serve hot drizzled with the remaining sauce
For even more flavor, try adding in some red pepper flakes for heat or fresh lime juice for zest!
If you like cilantro, lime and red pepper flakes, try out this variation of cilantro lime honey garlic shrimp skillet!
This recipe sears better in a cast iron pan and may not perform as well with caramelized bits in non-stick pans.