Try out the much loved sauce with over 2 million pins. This sweet and smoky honey garlic shrimp skillet is super easy with only FIVE ingredients and cooked in about 15 minutes!
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine the sauce ingredients and divide it into half.
- Marinate the shrimp with one half of the sauce for 15-30 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Over medium high heat in a 10″ skillet, pan sear the shrimp in some oil. Sear them on both sides in two batches until browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Using tongs, rub the shrimp into the caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan (see notes).
- Dish and serve hot, drizzled with the remaining sauce and fresh parsley (optional).
- Rubbing the shrimp onto the stuck on bits blackens the shrimp and gives it a slight smoky aftertaste.
- This recipe sears better in a cast iron pan and may not perform as well with caramelized bits in non-stick pans.
- For even more flavor, try adding in some red pepper flakes for heat or fresh lime juice for zest.
- If you like cilantro, lime and red pepper flakes, try out this variation of cilantro lime honey garlic shrimp skillet!