This 15-minute easy shrimp scampi recipe has jumbo shrimp smothered in a buttery garlic sauce drizzled with fresh lemon juice and parsley. Serve over a bed of your favorite pasta or with some crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
This simple recipe is made from a handful of fresh ingredients that work together to deliver big on flavor. It’s the perfect meal for a quick weeknight dinner or lunch and comes together quickly with regular pantry staples.
Think of jumbo shrimp simmered in a rich and buttery white wine garlic sauce drizzled with fresh lemon juice and parsley. Pair it with your favorite pasta or with some warm, crusty bread to mop up all that buttery, garlicky goodness. For more lemon and butter shrimp recipes, try this lemon garlic butter-baked shrimp that’s peppered with toasted panko breadcrumbs. In the meantime, let’s get started making some easy shrimp scampi!
EASY SHRIMP SCAMPI RECIPE TIPS
Butter – This is what makes the dish rich and decadent despite the simplicity of its ingredients, so we’re being generous with it. I like using Land O Lakes half sticks for the butter. The half sticks are exactly 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup.
Garlic – Fresh garlic is needed since this recipe is all about fresh and vibrant ingredients!
White wine – A dry wine works best such as sauvignon blanc or chardonnay. You can substitute this with chicken broth.
Shrimp – Have all your ingredients ready to go before cooking because shrimp tends to cook really fast and will taste rubbery if overcooked. The trick is to wait for them to go from translucent gray to opaque white and pink. When the shrimp shrinks and curls into a tight C-shape that’s when you know it’s overcooked, so keep an eye out for that while searing.
Sauce – If you prefer things saucier, reserve some pasta water after cooking your pasta, add it to the pan, then simmer it down to your desired sauce level.
Add more flavor – Tweak it to your tastes by adding more garlic/red pepper flakes/parsley and lemon juice as needed.
Parsley – Both flat-leaf Italian parsley and curly parsley work for this recipe.
Lemon – Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for best results. For a stronger lemony flavor, try adding in some grated lemon peel. I used this lemon squeezer and a microplane to grate the lemon.
Serve with – Serve this with some pasta like spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine, or angel hair pasta. The shrimp scampi is also delicious served with some crusty warm bread.
And that’s about it. Enjoy your easy shrimp scampi and let me know how you liked it in the comments below 🙂
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Creamy Garlic Tuscan Shrimp
- Cilantro Lime Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Spicy Shrimp Pasta Diavolo
- Lemon Garlic Butter Baked Shrimp
Did you make this recipe? Rate it!
♡ If you liked this recipe, giving it a star rating ★★★★★ in the comments below really helps! For more recipes, subscribe to my newsletter or follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Easy Shrimp Scampi
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This 15-minute easy shrimp scampi recipe has jumbo shrimp smothered in a buttery garlic sauce drizzled with fresh lemon juice and parsley.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine/chicken broth
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. jumbo or large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cooked pasta or crusty bread to serve
- In a skillet over medium-high heat melt butter and add olive oil.
- Saute garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add wine or chicken broth and season with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the shrimp is pink and is cooked through.
- Toss in parsley and lemon juice.
- Dish and serve hot over pasta or crusty bread.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
Leave a Comment