Enjoy this 20 minute easy shrimp scampi meal with seared, juicy shrimp in a rich garlic buttery sauce. Top it off with freshly squeezed lemon juice and parsley over a bed of your favorite pasta or with some crusty bread to mop up the sauce.
Today we’ll be doing a quick and easy 20 minute meal from start to finish for those busy work days. This one will be feeding 4 and is perfect for garlic lovers since that’s the star of the show. Lots and lots of fresh garlic in a lemon infused buttery sauce with fresh parsley to carry on the flavor.
This simple dish does not lack flavor despite having very few ingredients. You can either have it with some crusty bread or on a bed of angel hair, spaghetti or linguine pasta.
Let’s get started.
Melt the butter and add some olive oil then saute the garlic until fragrant. Add your wine or broth and seasonings then simmer until the wine has reduced. Add in the shrimp and cook until both sides are pink. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp; they cook really fast so make sure you have all your ingredients ready before introducing them to the pan. One handy way of telling that they’re approaching being overcooked is they start to shrink in size. Last step is to add in the fresh parsley and lemon juice and you’re done!
- If you prefer things saucier, reserve some pasta water after cooking the pasta and add it to the pan, then simmer down to the desired sauce level.
- Tweak it to your tastes by adding more garlic/red pepper flakes/parsley and lemon juice as needed.
- If you have trouble turning over individual pieces of shrimp while cooking use a pair of kitchen tongs. This helps keep overcooking down to a minimum.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for best results. For more lemony kick, add some grated lemon peel. I used this lemon squeezer and a microplane to grate the lemon.
- I like to pre-season my pasta before adding the sauce/protein. Use good quality olive oil and dried basil.
And that’s about it. Enjoy your easy shrimp scampi! 🙂Print