This 15-minute easy shrimp scampi recipe has jumbo shrimp smothered in a buttery garlic sauce drizzled with fresh lemon juice and parsley.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine/chicken broth
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. jumbo or large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cooked pasta or crusty bread to serve
- In a skillet over medium-high heat melt butter and add olive oil.
- Saute garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add wine or chicken broth and season with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until the shrimp is pink and is cooked through.
- Toss in parsley and lemon juice.
- Dish and serve hot over pasta or crusty bread.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins