Enjoy a 20-minute meal with easy shrimp scampi; seared shrimp in a garlic buttery sauce with a hint of lemon, parsley and served over a bed of your favorite pasta.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine/chicken broth
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. jumbo or large uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cooked pasta or crusty bread to serve
- Over medium-high heat melt butter and add olive oil.
- Saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine/broth and season with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until wine/broth has reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add shrimp and toss to cook until shrimp has turned pink on both sides, about 2 minutes.
- Toss in parsley and lemon juice.
- Dish and serve hot over pasta or crusty bread.