This tangy and creamy buffalo chicken dip is perfect for parties, cookouts or game day. With tender, lightly shredded chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce and ranch dressing. Add some cheese on top to make it a bubbling dip!
Here’s a good one for parties, cook outs, potlucks or game day. Its enough dip for 4-6 dedicated dippers or 6-8 nibblers. With basic pantry ingredients like cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo hot sauce and chicken, this one is easy to whip up in a hurry at any given notice.
You can also customize it by adding shredded cheese for the browned cheese crust on top, or mix some cheese in with the dip itself. To add some color and texture, throw in a mix of fresh, diced peppers. And for fans of blue cheese, some crumbles on top for that extra kick.
Let’s get started.
Soften the cream cheese before mixing it all up, then combine with the buffalo hot sauce, ranch dressing and some shredded chicken. I bought a rotisserie chicken for us to eat and reserved one cup of shredded meat for the dip.
Use two forks to shred the chicken into fine strips. How much work you put into the shredding and how fine it is will depend on how chunky you want your dip to be. Finer, thinner strands of chicken should be like the texture of creamy peanut butter. Thicker strips and chunks will be like chunky peanut butter.
Add it all into an oven-proof baking dish, I used a cast iron mini bowl I had laying around. Some people choose to skip the cheese topping, so that’s optional. For a bubbling cheesy dip, add some extra broiling time before serving to brown the cheese. Everyone loves browned cheese.
You can also use regular cheddar cheese or some blend of it. I’ve seen some recipes even use a Mexican cheese blend. It all depends on how you like your cheese.
And that’s about all there is to it. Happy dipping!Print
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Chips/celery sticks/carrots/pretzels for dipping
- Combine the cream cheese, shredded chicken, hot sauce and ranch dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Stir to mix well and pour into a baking dish
- (Optional) Top with 1/2 cup of cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 mins or until cheese has melted
- (Optional) Broil at 450 degrees F for 3-4 minutes until cheese is browned
- Dish and serve hot with chips, celery sticks, carrot sticks or pretzels