This 5-min deliciously roasted, super crispy air fryer garlic Parmesan broccoli is sure to become a favorite staple side dish. If there’s one veggie you need to try in the air fryer, this is it.
I don’t normally post vegetable recipes but with this being one of our favorite ways to cook veggies, I thought it deserved its own post. The air fryer transforms the broccoli from your average vegetable to these ultra-crispy, Parmesan-infused veggies with a peppery bite.
Aside from air fryer honey garlic salmon, this is the next favorite thing I’ve made in the air fryer so far. I’m a believer in making the last bite of the meal the best-tasting thing on your plate and I’ve sometimes had a hard time choosing between the two.
So if there’s one vegetable you should try in the air fryer, it’s this broccoli. Let’s get started.
AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN BROCCOLI RECIPE TIPS
Air fryer – I have two types of air fryers. I use the 10 qt. oven-style air fryer for bigger meals with proteins on one tray and veggies on the other and the egg-shaped smaller capacity air fryer for quick meals. I’ve tested this recipe with both types of air fryers.
Broccoli – I used pre-washed bagged broccoli florets. They sometimes come in pretty big florets so I end up snapping a few into smaller pieces.
The smaller the florets, the crispier it becomes. You can skip using the cutting board and snap off the florets into smaller pieces by hand.
Garlic – If you don’t like garlic powder, you can use fresh, minced garlic instead.
Seasoning salt – I used Lawry’s seasoning salt for the recipe but you can also use regular salt or coarse sea salt which is a staple in my kitchen.
Pepper – The recipe calls for 1/8 teaspoon of pepper, but I like using a tad bit more to add some bite. Try experimenting to find your sweet spot.
Add some heat – You can spice this up a little with some red pepper flakes.
Add some zest – Brighten up the flavor with a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.
And that’s really all there is to it. It’s a no-fuss, quick and easy side dish to add to your favorite air fryer proteins such as air fryer honey garlic salmon or air fryer honey mustard salmon. Happy eating and let me know how you enjoyed it and what you paired it with in the comments below.
Did you make this recipe? Rate it!
♡ If you liked this recipe, giving it a star rating ★★★★★ in the comments below really helps! For more recipes, subscribe to my newsletter or follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
This 5-min deliciously roasted, super crispy air fryer garlic Parmesan broccoli is sure to become a favorite staple side dish.
- 6-8 oz. washed broccoli florets, about 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- A few dashes of seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Air fry for 4-5 minutes or until the broccoli is crisp and golden.
- Dish and serve hot.
- This recipe assumes you have an air fryer with a preheat option. If you do not, run your air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F to preheat it evenly before adding in the broccoli and following the recommended recipe time.
- Add some heat – You can spice this up a little with some red pepper flakes.
- Add some zest – Brighten up the flavor with a squeeze of lemon juice just before serving.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
Leave a Comment