These perfectly seared and juicy garlic butter steak bites deliver all the steakhouse flavors you love in a quick and easy 15-minute recipe.
Today we’ll be making some quick and easy garlic butter steak bites. It’s a great way to enjoy some steak without breaking out the grill and it’s perfect for kids too as they’re already pre-cut into small bites. Add them to some buttered noodles, on a salad or enjoy them the same way you would a steak; with all the fixings like loaded baked potato or sweet potato, mashed potatoes, and some greens on the side.
This recipe takes a budget cut of steak like sirloin and transforms it into pan-seared but juicy bites tossed in a mouthwatering garlic butter sauce. A little fresh parsley brings even more tastiness to this simple but flavorful meal. So let’s get started.
GARLIC BUTTER STEAK BITES RECIPE TIPS
- Searing – The trick is to wait until the oil in the skillet is nice and hot so that it sears the meat while the inside stays tender and juicy. Make sure to give some room between each steak bite while it’s searing. Overcrowding the pan will steam the steak instead of searing it so it’s best to do this in batches. I managed to do one pound of steak in two batches with a 10″ cast iron skillet.
- Skillet – You can use a non-stick skillet for this but a cast iron skillet will sear the steak 100 times better. If weight is an issue, a carbon steel skillet is lighter than your regular cast iron but sears just as well. I have both in my kitchen.
- Butter – I like using Land o Lakes butter sticks which measure out the tablespoons for you.
- Salt – I like to use coarse sea salt because it’s more forgiving than your average table salt and you can be generous with the seasoning.
- Garlic – I find the fastest way to mince fresh garlic is with a garlic press or mini grater. You can also use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic. Add more garlic if needed for more flavor.
- Red pepper flakes – This adds a little bit of heat and isn’t so overpowering that you’re reaching for a glass of milk. Feel free to skip it if you don’t like spice.
- Parsley – This adds a pop of color and some freshness. Both curly parsley or Italian flat-leaf parsley work. If you don’t have any fresh parsley on hand, parsley flakes work as a decent substitute.
- Add more flavor – Add more flavor with onion powder, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, or a sprig of fresh rosemary.
What to Serve with Garlic Butter Steak Bites
These steak bites pair wonderfully with some creamy mashed potatoes, loaded baked potatoes, or over a salad. Serve them with some veggies on the side like broccoli, green beans, asparagus, mushrooms, or some creamed corn for a balanced meal.
And that’s about it. It’s a really quick way to enjoy your steak without much hassle. Try garlic butter baked chicken for a chicken version of this recipe. For an Asian-inspired take on steak bites, try out hibachi steak. Enjoy cooking and happy eating!
MORE BEEF RECIPES TO TRY
- Salisbury Steak
- Beef Stroganoff
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
- Mushroom Meatloaf
- Sour Cream Beef Noodle Casserole