For those who are unfamiliar with the preparation technique of asparagus (as I was last year. Thank you Google.), the woody ends can be snapped off relatively easily with nothing more than your hands. Simple, easy and sometimes fun!
One more thing I thought of mentioning is how much I love this plate. It was given to me as a blog-warming present from my wonderful mother-in-law and has brought me so much joy in my blogging photos. I have always loved sunflowers and used to dream of having a sunflower garden (till I realized most plants I touch shrivel up and die). In any case, just a little blurb about this plate because it’s blurbworthy!
- 6 oz. asparagus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium high heat on a non-stick pan, saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant
- Arrange the asparagus spears in the pan and gently turn to coat them in oil
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix to combine
- Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes
- Dish and serve hot