Pasta night is even better with this comforting and delicious cheesy ravioli lasagna bake, where two Italian favorites are combined to create the perfect blend of meat sauce, cheese and ravioli layers.
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 jar (32 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 package (20-25 oz.) ravioli, fresh or frozen (about 30 ravioli)
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Fresh Italian parsley / basil to garnish, chopped (optional)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble the sausage and ground beef. Drain off any rendered fat.
- Add in the marinara sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes, sugar (optional) and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer 1/3 of the meat sauce and completely cover the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Add ravioli in a single layer and spread 1/2 the ricotta cheese over the ravioli layer.
- Top with another 1/3 of the meat sauce. Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over the meat sauce.
- Add another layer of ravioli over the cheese layer. Spread the remaining half of the ricotta cheese in a single layer over ravioli.
- Add the last of the meat sauce over the ricotta layer and top with the other 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- [Optional] Broil at 450°F for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has browned.
- Garnish with optional parsley or basil and dish and serve hot.
- Layering cheat sheet: 1/3 meat sauce -> 1/2 ravioli -> 1/2 ricotta -> 1/3 meat sauce -> 1 cup mozzarella -> 1/4 cup Parmesan -> 1/2 ravioli -> 1/2 ricotta -> 1/3 meat sauce -> 1 cup mozzarella -> 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins