Five ingredients and 20 minutes is all it takes to enjoy this honey garlic chicken skillet. With the much loved sauce that won over kitchens everywhere.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs/breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced/ ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger, minced/ ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Over medium high heat in a 10″ skillet, pan sear the chicken in some oil. Reduce heat to medium after searing the first side.
- Cook them on both sides in batches until browned, about 3-4 minutes per side or until center is no longer pink. Drain chicken on paper towels and remove any excess oil from the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and toss the chicken back in the pan.
- Pour in sauce and bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat until reduced. Flip the chicken to coat in the sauce fully.
- Dish and serve hot.
Prefer a slow cooker? Try out a slow cooker honey garlic chicken one pot meal with veggies and potatoes.