Herbed ranch chicken only takes 5 ingredients from pantry staples and is ready in 20 minutes. These tender, juicy chicken breasts are seasoned generously with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, seared and then coated in ranch dressing.
Today we’ll be doing a quick and easy take on chicken with herbs and ranch. It’s something I like to make in a quick fix over a bed of pasta. With only 5 ingredients, you should have most of the stuff needed in your kitchen for this one. Tender, juicy chicken breasts seasoned with Italian seasoning and garlic and a generous spoonful of ranch dressing. It looks and sounds simple and it is. But not at the cost of skimping on flavor. This one is yummy.
You can do this in a regular nonstick skillet or a cast iron. I did mine with full boneless, skinless chicken breasts but you can opt to cut them into bite-sized pieces to lessen cooking time, take out the guesswork and make it easier. And if you have some browned bits sticking to the bottom of your pan, don’t forget to rub your chicken in them to soak up all that flavor!
Let’s get started.
Start out with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Split the breasts into half horizontally into two even pieces so you have thinner breasts. This cuts down the cooking time tremendously. If you want them even flatter, you can pound them as well. You should end up with four chicken pieces all ready to be seasoned.
Season them on both sides with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste. Pan-fry them over medium high heat on one side until cooked, lower the heat for the other side and cook until both sides are browned and ready.
Once that’s done, add in some ranch seasoning and coat all chicken sides with it. Cook it down a little until the ranch is fully absorbed into the chicken and you are done! The ranch dressing adds moisture and juiciness to the chicken and gives it a whole other layer of flavor. Yum!
Serve it with veggies on the side or over a bed of creamy pasta like I do.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ranch dressing sauce
- Season chicken breasts with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium high heat, pan-fry the chicken breasts in some oil until cooked on one side and browned, about 3-5 mins depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts
- Lower heat to medium and flip chicken, cooking the other side until fully cooked
- Pour ranch dressing over chicken breasts and coat thoroughly on both sides
- Pan-fry for another minute until ranch dressing absorbs fully
- Dish and serve hot