These 10-minute air fryer zucchini fritters are a healthier version of the snack and pair well with sour cream or a healthy yogurt dip.
- 1 lb. zucchini (about 1 large zucchini or 2 medium zucchinis)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt, divided
- 1/2 cup feta/goat/Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh chives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Grate zucchini with a box grater. Add one teaspoon of coarse sea salt and let it sit for 10 minutes to draw out the water. Squeeze out any excess water with a cheesecloth, nut milk bag or mesh strainer.
- Combine grated zucchini, cheese, egg, flour, baking powder, chives, garlic and onion powder, paprika and remaining salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Form 8 patties with the mixture.
- [Optional] Put in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up the patties.
- [Optional] For crispier fritters, spray with olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F and cook the patties for 5 minutes.
- Flip over the patties and cook for another 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dish and serve hot with sour cream, a chive yogurt sauce or tzatziki sauce.
- Greek Yogurt Chive Sauce
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon fresh chives/dill, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste