These delicious air fryer stuffed peppers are filled with a hearty mix of rice, cheese, taco-seasoned beef and topped with more melted cheese.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers, core them then remove any ribs and seeds.
- Over medium heat in a skillet, cook the ground beef until browned, breaking up any clumps, about 3-5 minutes. Drain off any fat or grease, remove beef and set aside.
- Add in onions and tomato paste and saute until onions are soft, about 1 minute.
- Toss in garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
- Return ground beef back to the skillet and season with taco seasoning. Pour in some water according to the taco seasoning package directions (usually about 3/4 cup water) and cook for 2-3 minutes until cooked down and the seasoning has absorbed into the meat.
- Add in cooked rice and stir to mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the bell peppers with alternating layers of beef and rice mix and 1 cup of cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F and air fry peppers for 10 minutes.
- Top the bell peppers with the leftover cheese and air fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins