Turn store-bought ingredients into a hearty, comforting pesto chicken pasta bake. Super easy to put together for a delicious, big portioned family meal!
- 16 oz. penne/ziti/rigatoni pasta
- 3 cups cooked/rotisserie chicken, cubed
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 5 oz. fresh/frozen baby spinach
- 1 can (15 oz.) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 jar (7 oz.) pesto
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook the pasta until just before al dente.
- Drain and rinse pasta under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Combine chicken, cheese blend, spinach, tomatoes, Alfredo sauce, milk and pesto.
- Add cooked pasta to the chicken mix and stir to combine.
- Transfer pasta mix to a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and oil and sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Alfredo sauce (makes about 2 cups):
8 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Over medium-low heat, melt the butter and pour in the heavy cream. Stir to combine
Season with salt and pepper to taste
Add the Parmesan cheese in portions and stir to mix