This creamy salmon pasta with spinach is perfect for date night. With fresh spinach, lemon, and capers in a creamy garlic white wine sauce.
- 1 lb. linguine
- 2 salmon fillets (5–8 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Fresh Parmesan for serving, shaved or grated
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente.
- Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until the salmon is no longer pink and the internal temperature reads 145° F.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a dutch oven or deep skillet.
- Add minced garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add heavy cream, wine, lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add in cooked pasta, spinach and capers. Stir and simmer until the spinach is cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Flake the salmon into bite-sized pieces and gently toss the salmon in with the pasta.
- Dish and serve hot with lemon wedges and Parmesan cheese.