Enjoy succulent hibachi shrimp at home with buttery shrimp seared in a rich Asian-inspired sauce and cooked in only 5 minutes.
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce/mirin
- Pepper to taste
- Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, melt the butter and add the garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add in shrimp and do a quick stir to mix well.
- Pour in the sauce and toss to fully coat the shrimp in the sauce.
- Stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked and the sauce has cooked down.
- Finish with a drizzle of sesame oil (optional before serving hot with hibachi rice, hibachi noodles, or hibachi vegetables.
Yum Yum Sauce (4-6 servings)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce/ketchup
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon mirin (optional)
1–2 tablespoons water, add until desired consistency
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins