This creamy homemade Velveeta mac and cheese are what cheese dreams are made of. Enjoy the comforting mac and cheese from your childhood.
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 3/4 lb. Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium high heat, mix half and half with cheese cubes and melt to form a thick sauce.
- Add mustard, salt and pepper to taste and stir to combine.
- Add macaroni and stir to coat.
- Pour into a casserole dish and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake uncovered in the middle rack at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and broil at 450°F or until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 3-5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins