This slow cooker three packet roast is one of the simplest roasts to throw together for delicious and tender, fall-apart meat.
- 3–4 lb. chuck roast
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 packet Italian-style dressing mix
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season the meat with salt and pepper on both sides and pat it in.
- [Optional step] Over medium-high heat, sear the meat on all sides in some oil until browned.
- Transfer to a 6 qt. slow cooker and add in the onion wedges.
- Stir the packet contents into the water until completely dissolved. Pour the gravy over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours