This spinach and three cheese manicotti is perfect for Italian food-loving vegetarians. Enjoy the perfect comfort food this fall with spinach and cheese stuffed manicotti smothered in marina sauce.
- 1 box (8 oz.) manicotti shells, cooked al dente
- 24 oz. marinara sauce
- 10 oz. frozen/fresh spinach, cooked and drained
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook manicotti shells in and spinach according to the package directions.
- Combine spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Stuff each cooked manicotti shell with the filling mixture.
- In a baking dish, spread 1 cup marinara sauce on the bottom evenly.
- Arrange stuffed manicotti over sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce and leftover 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins