Juicy jumbo shrimp in a sweet and spicy marinara sauce makes spicy shrimp pasta Diavolo the perfect 20-minute meal for seafood pasta lovers.
- 12 oz. linguine/fettuccine/spaghetti/angel hair
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil/parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, saute onions, garlic and red pepper flakes in some oil until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- Add in sugar, Italian seasoning, white wine and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add shrimp to the sauce and simmer for another 3 minutes until shrimp are cooked and opaque.
- Toss pasta and shrimp with sauce.
- Dish and serve hot topped with fresh basil or parsley and some Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins