This rich and creamy, slow cooker spaghetti Bolognese brings out the best, melt-in-your-mouth meat pasta for a hearty home-cooked meal.
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery hearts, diced
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup white wine (optional)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Drain any excess fat, remove beef and set aside.
- Melt butter, add in olive oil and sauté the onions, carrots and celery until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ground beef back in and stir to combine.
- [Optional step] Pour in the wine and cook until it evaporates, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, nutmeg, beef bouillon cubes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer meat sauce to a 6 qt. slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before it is finished cooking, pour in the heavy cream and stir to mix. Cover and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- Toss the sauce with the pasta, dish and serve warm with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Cook it over the stovetop: Follow steps 1-5. Reduce heat to medium and add in heavy cream. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until cream has reduced and incorporated fully into the sauce. Toss with pasta and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours 20 mins