Set and forget these slow cooker shredded chicken tacos then enjoy fork-tender, authentic tasting, flavorful chicken. Pair it with your favorite toppings!
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional for heat)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- [Optional step] Over medium-high heat, sear chicken on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Combine all other ingredients and blend into a smooth paste. Pour over chicken breasts.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and toss to coat with the juices.
- Dish and serve hot with your favorite toppings.
- Leave out cayenne if you don’t like things spicy.
- Smoked paprika gives things a smoky taste and does not affect spice level.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours