These no-boil slow cooker mashed potatoes are a great way to make homemade creamy mashed potatoes during Thanksgiving and Christmas while saving precious stovetop and oven space for the main dishes.
- 5 lb. Yukon gold/red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. sour cream
- Fresh parsley or chives to garnish (optional)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1″ chunks.
- Mix the potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, melted butter, and salt and pepper to taste in a 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add the sour cream and mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- [Optional step] Fold with parsley or chives before serving.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours