These slow cooker Italian meatballs are a great answer for quick weeknight dinners. Freeze leftovers for another day!
- 2 jars (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb. hot/mild Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use your hands to mix it thoroughly.
- Scoop out about 1 golf ball sized meatball mixture, roll it in your hands to make a meatball. I used an ice cream scoop.
- Grease a baking sheet and arrange the meatballs on them. Broil at 500°F for 8 minutes or until browned and fat has melted through.
- Transfer meatballs to a 6 qt. slow cooker and pour in marinara sauce.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Serve with pasta, demi-baguettes, baguettes, Italian rolls or any kind of bread you like.
- Freeze the remaining meatballs for future dinners!.
HOMEMADE MARINARA SAUCE
2 jars (24 oz.) marinara sauce
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 beef bouillon cubes
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Over medium-high heat, saute the onion and garlic in some oil until translucent and fragrant.
Pour in marinara sauce and add the remaining ingredients.
Stir to combine and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours