Enjoy the sweet and savory sauce loved by millions with this juicy slow cooker honey garlic chicken complete one-pot meal.
- 2 lbs. bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled
- 1/2 lb. green beans, ends trimmed off
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water (optional for thicker sauce)
- Fresh parsley (optional for garnish)
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced/1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Fill the bottom of a 6 qt. slow cooker with all the vegetables except for the green beans.
- Top with chicken and pour sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Around 45 minutes before the end of the cooking time, add in the cornstarch slurry to the sauce and stir to mix (optional, see notes).
- Add in green beans and cook for another 30 minutes or until the green beans are tender and the sauce has thickened.
- For a crispy skin, broil the chicken thighs 450 degrees F for 2-3 minutes (optional).
- Dish and serve hot sprinkled with optional fresh parsley for garnish.
- The sauce will be slightly diluted if you do not use a cornstarch slurry. If you are okay with this, enjoy! If not, you can cook the sauce down in a saucepan over the stove top until thickened to your desired consistency.
- To add some kick to the sauce, try some red pepper flakes or smoked paprika to taste and/or some lime juice.