This copycat Olive Garden creamy slow cooker chicken gnocchi soup with perfectly seasoned chicken and pillowy potato gnocchi is pure comfort food.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1–1.5 lb.)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (16 oz.) package potato gnocchi
- 3 oz. fresh baby spinach, tightly packed (about 3 cups)
- Place chicken in a 6 qt. slow cooker and top with onions, garlic, celery and carrots.
- Season with basil, Italian seasoning, ground nutmeg, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth over the chicken and veggies.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and chop or shred it into bite-sized pieces. Discard bay leaf. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker.
- Pour in heavy cream, add gnocchi and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until the gnocchi is tender and the soup has thickened.
- Toss in spinach, cover and let it sit in the residual heat until the spinach has wilted into the soup.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and dish and serve hot.
- For a thicker soup, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water to make a cornstarch slurry. Add it in with the gnocchi towards the end before cooking on high.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours