This slow cooker chicken and gravy recipe has tender melt-in-your-mouth chicken breasts smothered in a warm and comforting gravy.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 (10.5) oz. can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 (0.9 oz.) packet chicken gravy mix
- 1 (0.9 oz.) packet onion gravy mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with some pepper and paprika and add the chicken to a 6 qt. slow cooker.
- Sprinkle evenly with chicken and onion gravy packet mixes.
- Whisk the chicken soup and garlic powder in some water until fully mixed. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours or until chicken is fork-tender and shreds easily.
- Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces and dish and serve hot over mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles. Top with chopped parsley to garnish (optional).
The chicken will release some juices while cooking so you will end up with more gravy than what it looks like before cooking. Check the before and after photos to see if this is enough gravy for you.
Add some onions – Slice up 1/2 a yellow onion for more flavor.
- Add some herbs – Herb it up with some rosemary, sage, oregano, or thyme.
Add some veggies – Cook it with some sliced white or baby bella mushrooms or add in some green peas towards the end of cooking time.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours