This 6-ingredient slow cooker buffalo chicken dip is a creamy and spicy mix of chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded (about 1.5 lbs.)
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 green onions, sliced (optional)
- Blue cheese crumbles (optional)
- Add chicken, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, ranch, sour cream and 1 cup of cheddar cheese to a 3 qt. slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours until hot and bubbly. Give it a good stir every once in a while to help the cheeses melt.
- [Optional cheesy top] Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, cover and cook for another 15 minutes or until the cheese on top has melted.
- Dish and serve hot with tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies and top with optional sliced green onions or blue cheese crumbles.
- Rotisserie chicken is great for this recipe. A normal-sized store-bought rotisserie chicken should give you a little over 4 cups of shredded chicken meat.
- If you’re short on time, you can cook this on HIGH for 1-2 hours, but it will be a little oily from the cheese separation.
- This is a thick and chunky dip. If you feel the dip is too thick for you, add a splash of milk to thin it out until it’s your desired consistency.
- Add more heat – This dip is about as spicy as mild Buffalo wings. If you want to turn up the heat to hot, add a few shakes of cayenne powder.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours