Enjoy the classical shrimp in lobster sauce at home with succulent jumbo shrimp in a delicious savory egg sauce.
- 1/2 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Sugar to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- Pepper to taste
- Over medium-high heat, heat up the chicken stock.
- Add ginger, garlic, mixed vegetables, soy sauce and sugar and bring to a gentle boil.
- Pour in the cornstarch slurry and stir until the broth has thickened.
- Remove from heat and slowly drizzle in the egg, stirring gently with a fork to create egg strands.
- Toss in the shrimp and return to heat, simmering for 2 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
- Once the shrimp has cooked, remove from heat and drizzle in sesame oil, seasoning with pepper to taste.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins