One pot chicken noodle soup is a quick and easy, comforting fix for a case of the sniffles. Ready in 30 minutes!
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 medium-sized carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lb. egg noodles
- Lemon juice (optional)
- Over medium-high heat in a dutch oven, saute onions, garlic and bay leaf until onions are soft.
- Add vegetables and saute until cooked down, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and add in cubed chicken.
- Add the rest of the seasonings and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add egg noodles.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until noodles are al dente. Remove bay leaf.
- Dish and serve hot sprinkled with parsley and lemon juice (optional).
- Enjoy and feel better!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins