Mushrooms in oyster sauce is a quick and easy, delicious 10-minute stir-fry that pairs well with a side of rice.
- 2 cups shiitake/oyster/black/portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon thick/sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth/water from soaking the mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- If needed, soak the mushrooms in warm water for 15 minutes, reserving the liquid. If the mushrooms are large, cut into quarters.
- Over medium-high heat, saute garlic and ginger in some oil until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar and chicken broth, stirring to combine.
- Once the sauce starts bubbling, pour in cornstarch mixture.
- When the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and drizzle with sesame oil.
- Dish and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins