Serve this mushroom meatloaf with marsala wine sauce or brown gravy and pair it with a side of mashed potatoes and sauteed greens.
- 2 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse the onions, garlic and mushrooms in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, mushroom mixture, eggs and seasonings and mix thoroughly.
- Shape it into a loaf with your hands and place it on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F in the center of the meatloaf.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Dish and serve hot with gravy of your choice.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins