This fork-tender slow cooker Mississippi pot roast is super easy to make with only FIVE ingredients but boasts of deliciously decadent, buttery, rich and tangy flavors.
- 3–4 lb. chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 pepperoncini peppers
- [Optional Step] Over medium high heat, sear the chuck roast on both sides until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Place roast in slow cooker and sprinkle evenly with ranch dressing and au jus gravy mix.
- Add cubed butter and whole pepperoncini peppers. If adding veggies, see notes.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the roast with two forks and return meat to the pot to toss in the juices.
- Dish and serve hot with mashed potatoes or your own sides.
- If adding veggies, use 1 lb. baby carrots and 1 1/2 lb. baby potatoes.