These mini Shepherd’s pot pies are a cute and insanely delicious spin on the classic Shepherd’s pie with all the goodness of a flaky, crumbly pie crust.
- 2 9″ refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (homemade or instant)
- Prepare the mashed potatoes and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, brown beef until fully cooked. Drain off any excess fat. Remove and set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic until translucent. Add mixed vegetables, crumble the beef bouillon cube and simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Add beef, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and season with pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unroll the pie crusts and roll each crust to 12″ in diameter. Cut six 4″rounds from each crust.
- Press each round on the bottom and sides of a muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 7-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Divide beef mixture among all 12 cups.
- Top with some cheddar cheese and finish with mashed potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until crusts are golden brown and mashed potatoes have browned.
- Broil at 450 degrees F for 5 minutes if needed to brown the potatoes some more.
- Let it stand for 10 minutes and remove by running a knife outside each pie.
- Dish and serve warm.
Inspired by Pillsbury
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 55 mins