Maple glazed chicken is sweet, tangy and full of flavor. With a robust glaze to start your meal and ready in 30 minutes.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with two teaspoons cold water (optional)
- Combine the sauce ingredients and stir to mix.
- Pat the chicken dry and season with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat, pan-fry the chicken on both sides until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and drain any excess oil.
- Add sauce to the pan and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Return chicken to pan and spoon the sauce over it.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked or until a meat thermometer reads 165 ºF.
- Dish the chicken and start reducing your glaze or use cornstarch slurry to thicken it. Simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins