Use store-bought ingredients for this quick and easy lemon pepper chicken Alfredo pasta that serves 6-8 and is ready in 30 minutes.
- 16 oz. bow-tie/farfalle pasta
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Lemon pepper seasoning to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms, quartered/sliced
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, cut into 2″ pieces
- 1/4 cup white wine/chicken broth (optional)
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken breasts with lemon pepper seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, pan-sear the chicken in some oil. Reduce heat to medium after searing the first side.
- Cook chicken on both sides until browned or until the center is no longer pink. Slice them into thick strips.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic, mushrooms and asparagus in some oil until cooked, about 2 minutes.
- If you have stuck on bits in the pan, deglaze it with 1/4 cup of white wine or chicken broth.
- Pour in the Alfredo sauce and let the sauce come to a gentle boil.
- Add in the pasta and stir to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dish and serve hot, topped with chicken slices, fresh parsley and Parmesan.
Homemade Alfredo sauce (2 cups):
8 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Over medium-low heat, melt the butter and pour in the heavy cream. Stir to combine
Season with salt and pepper to taste
Remove pan from heat and add the Parmesan cheese in portions and stir to mix
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins