Italian pasta salad is the perfect summer side dish with pasta, salami, cheese, fresh veggies and herbs tossed in an Italian vinaigrette.
- 1 box (16 oz.) rotini pasta
- 4 oz. salami, cut into strips
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella pearls or halved mozzarella balls
- 1 cup Italian vinaigrette (see notes for homemade)
- 1 pt. (16 oz.) cherry tomatoes / grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (6 oz.) can large pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the other ingredients and combine them with the cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl. Toss to mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
HOMEMADE ITALIAN VINAIGRETTE
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon honey /sugar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins