Enjoy a crispy hash brown crust in this hash brown breakfast quiche filled with custard, zucchini, mushrooms and bacon!
- 15 oz. frozen hash browns, shredded and slightly thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 8 oz. baby portobello mushrooms, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- Mix the hash browns, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl.
- Grease a 10″ oven-safe skillet and add the hash brown mixture, pressing down to pack it tightly on the bottom and sides to form a pie-like crust.
- Bake at 425°F or until the edges have browned, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate non-stick pan over medium-high heat, saute zucchini and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 5 minutes until tender. Drain any excess liquid.
- Once the hash brown crust is done, spread half of the cheddar cheese along the bottom of the crust.
- Arrange bacon bits, zucchini and mushrooms in the pan and top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk and salt and pepper to taste and whisk until frothy.
- Pour the egg mixture into the crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes at 350°F or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.