Pasta without meat doesn’t have to be boring. This easy vegetable pasta is flavorful and different with a sweet heat pasta sauce everyone will love!
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 8 oz. baby Portobella mushrooms, diced
- 24 oz. pasta/marinara sauce
- 15 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Over medium-high heat in a dutch oven, saute the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Add diced bell peppers and mushrooms and let the vegetables sweat, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in pasta/marinara sauce, diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in basil, oregano, and Italian seasoning and stir to mix.
- Dish and serve hot over cooked pasta topped with Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins