- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 EACH red/yellow/orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder/ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Combine spice mix and add chicken, onions, garlic, bell peppers and olive oil along with the spice mix to a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat everything thoroughly.
- [Optional step]: Marinate the veggies and chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Move everything to the prepared sheet pan and spread it out evenly in a flat layer.
- Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes or until chicken strips are no longer pink.
- [Optional step]: Broil at 450°F for 2-3 minutes to get some char going.
- Top with fresh cilantro and lime juice.
- Dish and serve hot with tortillas and your favorite toppings/fixings.
– 12-16 (8 inch) flour/corn tortillas
– Sour cream
– Avocado slices/guacamole
– Salsa/pico de gallo,
– Mexican cheese blend/queso fresco/Monteray Jack cheese