This oven-baked chicken breast recipe makes the BEST juiciest chicken breasts. With a simple dry rub for foolproof deliciously caramelized and flavorful chicken.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5–8 oz. each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pound the chicken to 1/2″ thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine all ingredients of the seasoning mix.
- Baste one side of the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle generously with seasoning mix. Pat seasoning into the meat with fingers.
- Flip chicken breasts over and repeat the basting and seasoning step for the other side.
- Line a baking tray with some foil or parchment paper and bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165°F.
- Remove and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the smaller side (about 5-8 oz. each). If you have large chicken breasts, you can cut 2 breasts into half lengthwise to get 4 chicken cutlets.
- Add some heat – To spice it up, add some chili powder or cayenne to the seasoning mix. You can also use ancho or chipotle chili powder.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins