Here’s a no fuss recipe for quick and easy coconut rice. Warm, fluffy tropical rice ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked jasmin rice/ long grain white rice
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk/1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons sweet coconut flakes, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Run the rice under cold water, rinsing it until the water runs clear.
- Combine all the ingredients and 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes in a rice cooker. Stir and set to cook.
- Over medium heat, toast 2 tablespoons of coconut flakes in a pan. Stir continuously to prevent it from burning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the cover and allow the steam to slowly release and the rice to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, dish and serve warm, sprinkled with toasted coconut flakes.