There’s so many ways to enjoy this cheesy meatball skillet. Pop them in a sub, mix them up with some pasta, or soak up the sauce with some crusty bread!
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Scoop out about 1 golf ball-sized meatball mixture and roll it in your hands to make meatballs. I used an ice cream scoop.
- Over medium-high heat in an oven-proof skillet, brown the meatballs in batches until evenly browned, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove meatballs and drain on paper towels. Drain any excess oil from the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and pour the marinara sauce in the skillet.
- Add the meatballs back to the skillet and roll them around to coat them in the marinara sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature of meatballs are 165°F.
- Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover and simmer until cheese melts or broil at 450°F for 3-5 minutes for browned cheese.
- Dish and serve hot sprinkled with chopped fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins