A cheesy hot Italian sausage pasta bake with a spiced savory and sweet marinara sauce, hot Italian flavors and plenty of cheese.
- 16 oz. pasta
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 lb. hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 15 oz. fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta till just before al dente.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Over medium-high heat, saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add sausage and stir to break up lumps. Cook until sausage is browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Add in marinara sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, sugar and Worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine the pasta with the meat sauce, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Stir to mix.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Broil at 450 degrees F for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.
- Dish and serve hot.