This quick and easy browned butter shrimp makes perfectly seared, sweet and savory shrimp with a buttery nutty flavor!
- 1. lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a skillet.
- Once the butter begins to foam, reduce heat to medium-low and start stirring.
- Stir and simmer for about 3-5 minutes until butter browns.
- Remove from heat and pour 3/4 of the butter into a bowl and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and increase heat to medium again. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Toss in the shrimp and season with brown sugar, smoked paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sear the shrimp on both sides until cooked, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- To blacken the shrimp, cook a little longer and use tongs to rub the shrimp into the caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Dish and serve hot drizzled with remaining browned butter.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins