Bloomin’ onion bread (pull apart bread) has gooey cheesy strings with crunchy, fresh green onions and poppy seeds!
- 1 sourdough bread
- 8–16 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through to the bottom and insert cheese slices between the cuts.
- Combine the melted butter, green onions and poppy seeds in a measuring cup and stir to mix.
- Place the bread on some foil and drizzle with the butter mixture. Move the green onions around with your fingers, if needed, to spread them out.
- Wrap the bread loosely with the foil, transfer it to a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- The pictures show the recipe using 8 oz. of cheese. For a cheesier bread, double the cheese to 16 oz.
- Scroll up to RECIPE TIPS for more useful tips, suggestions and ingredient substitutions.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins